Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Finals start tomorrow!

This is both good and bad.

Good:
-no homework
-end of semester
-new classes next semester

Bad:
-I have to take finals
-The classes that I have finals in are 90 minutes. :(


Still can't find my dumb USB cord...it's somewhere...

Knitting update:

OMG, I have done a surprising amount of knitting over the last couple of days that it's rediculous...okay, not that rediculous, but I am halfway done with the front left pannel, on the sweater project that took me over a year and a half to make just the back. Amazng huh? Never knew that if I put my mind to it I could knit that much! This project is currently my main focus for me so I can keep my head in one place. Otherwise, I'd go crazy.

So get this, for my English final, I need to know the prologue to Romeo and Juliet (I already know it :) ), 30 literary devices, and be able to answer in detail 3 questions about TKAM. Whoop dee doo dah. To occupy myself, here are the literary devices:

Aliteration: repitition of consanants
Aliterative Sentence: sentence using aliteration throughout entire sentence
Allusion: reference to a person/story
Analogy: comparison between two things to show they are alike
Character: people, animals, main person or thing in the story
Conflict: the problem
Exaggeration: everstating/streching the truth
Forshadowing: use of clues or hints
Humor: something written to be funny subtle or obvious
Idiom: any figurative expression
Inference: something hinted at but not stated
Imagery: something that appeals to the five senses
Irony: contrast to what actually happened
Metaphor: uses 'is', like a simile
Onomatopeia: sounds that are written out
Oxymoron: opposites (ex. freezer burn)
Plot: story line
Point of View: view of the person or thing telling the story
Resolution: the resolved conflict, ending
Sarcasm: praise to mock someone
Setting: time and place
Simile: like, as, than compares with something else
Stream of Conciousness: writter writes what they are thinking as they are thinking it
Symbol: something that stands for something else
Synechdoche: using part of a whole to use the essential meaning (ex.military: army, navy, etc)
Theme: general idea of the story
Tone: attitude towards the reader

So that in addition to:

Two households both alike in dignity
In fair Verona, where we lay our scene
From ancient grudge break to new muntiny
Where civil blood makes civil hands unclean
From forth the fatal loins of these two foes
A pair of star-crossed lovers take their life
Whose misadventured piteous overthrows
Do with their death, bury their parents strife
The fearful passage of their death-marked love
And the continuance of their parents' rage
Which, but their childrens' end, nought could remove
Is now the two hours traffic of our stage;
The which if you with patient ears attend
What you shall miss, our toil shall strive to mend.

SO, I have to know that prologue and the literary devices above for English. Now, thats only English. My other final tomorrow is math. Which I am not too worried about since it's open note...THANK GOD.

My schedule for finals the rest of the week:

Wednesday: 2nd period and 5th period (English, Math)
Thurday: 3rd period and 6th period (Spanish, PE)
Friday: 1st period, 4 period (Science, Art)

My schedule next semester:

1st- coordinated science honors
2nd- english honors
3rd- spanish
4th- court/net sports
5th- geometry honors
6th- health

No fun classes this semester, I'm taking health since everything I want is full and I will eventually have to take health, so why not get it done now?

That's it for now, I promise pictures next time I get and next time I find my USB cord for my camera.

No comments: